2017 – Thank you for being so good to me! Here are some of my favorite highlights:
I turned 30 in January.
Hello 30. It was my best birthday month ever!
- I had a fun party with my closest friends and family. Everything was pink, gold, and oh so sparkly!
- We went to Disney World. We stayed at the BoardWalk and the Wilderness Lodge. We got to ride on Soarin’ Around the World and Frozen Ever After for the first time. We went during The Festival of Arts and I got to meet my favorite artist, Noah, and Sean even got me a signed print! We also saw Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland perform.
- We sailed on the Disney Magic and officially fulfilled one of our goals – sail on all 4 Disney Cruise Line ships. It was so MAGICal to sail on the first ever Disney ship. The shows on this ship were my favorite: Twice Charmed, Tangled, and Disney Dream – An Enchanted Classic were all so dreamy. We even got a cabana on Castaway Cay.
I opened up my Etsy shop in April.
Read more about my side hustle adventure.
I went to Seattle for the first time in May to celebrate one of my best friend’s birthday.
We did lots of touristy things and ate a lot of yummy food in the 2 nights we were there! See my recap post on my old blog here.
I went to my first Velicaria family reunion in June.
It was so cool and heartwarming to be able to attend! I got to see family that I haven’t seen in years and met lots of new faces. I look forward to going again in the future.
I went on an epic California trip in July.
- We went to D23 for the first time! Read all about our tips, tricks, and favorite memories on this post.
- We had a magical visit to Disneyland.
- We got to stay in a newly renovated suite at the Grand Californian.
- We ate at Steakhouse 55 for the first time.
- We got to see the reimagined Fantasmic show.
- We got to say one final goodbye to the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- We got to spend quality time with my family in Temecula.
I resurrected http://www.disneylin.com and I started my new blog here on WordPress.
If you’d like to browse through my old blog, visit Lin Loves Disney.
I earned my associate degree in Business Administration from American Public University in September.
I began a Visual Communications certificate from APUS.
I finally learned how to use Photoshop and Illustrator! Right now I’m taking a web development class where I’m learning how to write HTML codes manually. I just need 3 more classes to complete after the end of January.
Sean and I celebrated 6 years of marriage (and 9 years of togetherness) in November.
- We ate dinner at Simon & Seaforts, watched Daddy’s Home 2, and stayed in Alyeska for a night.
I started the keto diet in November.
It’s been an awesome lifestyle change!
Other 2017 Highlights
- We built a fence. It’s nice to not worry about our dog, Lucy, running off. It’s also really nice to enjoy some privacy.
- I got to go to Juneau for a quick work trip.
- My family bought us a new grill, a firepit, and adirondak chairs.
- I celebrated 10 years working at my company.
- Sean and I went on a fancy date to Seven Glaciers at Alyeska Resort.
- I love our home so much! It’s been so much fun decorating seasonally. I love coming home to our little paradise and just relax.
- My Instagram account exploded! I mean that in a good way. One of my Disney Cruise pictures made it to the official Disney Cruise Line Instagram account. Several of my home pictures have also made it to one of my favorite accounts, Disney_at_Home. It has been really awesome to connect with Disney fans all over the world!
- I finally learned how to use my pressure cooker. It quickly turned into one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Another favorite kitchen gadget purchase is a mini raclette! I LOVE CHEESE. I’ve lost count how many times we’ve used in and I eventually want to get a full size version.
- We had several houses guests! I love that we have lots of room to be able to accommodate our visitors.
- We saw a lot of good movies this year – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Jumanji were my favorites.
Again – thank you, 2017, for all the awesome memories.