Hello, blog world!
I know that I’ve been MIA these past few weeks… I’ve been really busy at work. I also went on vacation last month (Disney Cruise and Disneyland) and I’m so excited to blog about that trip at a later time.
For now, I’m excited to share with you how I decorated my home for Halloween this year.
I’ve seen a lot of people do a Disney pumpkin project on Instagram and I finally gave it a shot! All you need for this project is:
- One large pumpkin
- Two small pumpkins
- Hot glue
All you do is hot glue the small pumpkins to the corners of the large pumpkin. Ta-da! Now you’ve got a Mickey head pumpkin.
I am so in love with how my fireplace mantel turned out!
- Madame Leota Tombstone – I got this from ShopDisney.com
- Monster Wreath – I also go this piece from ShopDisney.com (Yes, I know it’s not centered… I was initially annoyed with myself over it… but who really gives a shit?)
- Welcome to the Haunted Mansion – I made this sign last year
- Tomb Sweet Tomb – I made this sign in honor of Haunted Mansion
- Snow White / Evil Queen – I love Snow White, so I wanted to somehow find a way to incorporate my love for her and the Evil Queen
- Poison Apple Stein – My girlfriend gave this to me last year from Disneyland
- Haunted House – I got this several years ago from Hallmark
- Bats – I cut all of these with my Cricut machine
This is how I styled my coffee table.
- Room for One More Haunted Mansion Plate – I got this on clearance at one of the Disney Character Outlets in Orlando
- Spiderweb Table Cloth – This is from the Target Bullseye’s Playground. I got it this year for $3
- Pumpkins – These are also from the Target Bullseye’s Playground (2017)
I was originally going to put the Monster Wreath outside on the front porch, but I ultimately decided against it. I was worried that Alaska’s crazy weather might ruin it.
I’m very pleased with how my front porch came together. It wasn’t what I originally envisioned, but I think it turned out fine.
- The Paraoans sign – I made it. I was inspired by my little pumpkin project so made a sign version of it with our last name
- Tombstones – I got these last year at Fred Meyer. I originally had 3, but 1 was ruined last winter
- Purple lantern – I got this from Fred Meyer last year
- Happy Halloween doormat – I got this from Joann’s Fabrics. I really wanted to find a purple doormat because Disney villains always have some sort of purple in their style
- Caged raven – I think I got this from Target several years ago
- Trick or Treat sign – I got this from Target this year. I was immediately sold because it’s versatile. The back side says “Give Thanks” so I can’t wait to flip it around after Halloween
- Mickey & Minnie pumpkin – I got this from Walgreens several years ago
There you have it! Are you done decorating for Halloween and/or Fall? I look forward to decorating for my MOST favorite holiday, Christmas! =)